Getting your driver’s license is an exciting venture and life changing experience, but it is also a big responsibility.
Taking the driving test (also known as road test and behind-the wheel test) can be a little nerve wracking, but there are ways you can prepare that will help ensure that you pass that test, with flying colors, on the very first try. Here are some helpful tips that will make passing your driving test much easier and will help you pass it the first time. Good luck!
Bạn đang xem: keeping calm is the secret of passing your driving test
- Before You Schedule Your Road Test
- The Night Before Your Road Test
- On the Day of the Test -- General Driving Tips
- How to lớn Properly Change Lanes
- Pay Attention to lớn Your Speed
- Be Careful When Backing Up
- Best Practices When Making a Turn
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings
- Considerations When Coming to lớn a Stop
- Tips When Making U-Turns and 3 Point Turns
- What To Do When Approaching a Yield Sign
- What To Do When Approaching a Stop Sign
- Lights and Intersection Tips
- Recognizing Your Blind Spots
- What To Do When Parking
- Parallel Parking Instructions
- Back Parking (a.k.a. Reverse Parking. Backing into a Parking Spot)
- Things to lớn Consider When Parking Uphill or Downhill
- What To Do When Approaching a Railroad Crossing
- Tips for Driving Through Corners Safely
- How To Interact With the Test Examiner
- Weather Considerations
- What To Do When Encountering Pedestrians
- Tips for Combating Nervousness: Conquer Your Driving Fears
- After the Driving Test: General Driving Tips for Successful Road Experience
- I Failed My Driving Test. What Do I Do?
Before You Schedule Your Road Test
Get lots of practice. Use that learner’s permit of yours to lớn the full if you have one. Feeling comfortable behind the wheel of your siêu xe is one of the best ways to lớn prepare for your test. Try to lớn practice as much as possible in the vehicle that you will take to lớn your actual test. Each siêu xe drives a little differently and it is a good idea to lớn be comfortable in the siêu xe you will be using. Keep this in mind when preparing for your driving test.
While driving around with whoever is your driving partner to lớn help you during your learning phase (a friend, colleague or your driving instructor), have them grade you. Let them know this is a good time to lớn be brutally honest. Ask them to lớn note down every incorrect lane change, every turn signal you failed to lớn indicate, every blind spot kiểm tra you didn’t perform, etc. Then, take the feedback and constructive criticism as helpful not insulting.
Pro Driving Tip: Empty parking lots make great drivers test practice locations. Office parking lots are usually deserted on the weekend and are great for practicing. If you can, find a couple of orange cones to lớn borrow ví that you can mix up a parallel parking area.
Cones can be very helpful when practicing all kinds of parking and creating an obstacle course
Once you schedule your test, familiarize yourself with the testing area. Generally the driving test will be completed on the roads that are very near to lớn your testing site. Spend some time driving around the area. Pay special attention to lớn the tốc độ limits, road signs and potential hazards. This way you will already know what to lớn expect when you go in for your test.
You can also employ driving training and practice test companies to lớn help you. While it may cost you a little bit of money, it can be worth the training, knowledge and actual road experience you gain, not to lớn mention that these are often taught by those who are aware of what the actual driving test will be lượt thích. This prepares you better, plus gives you a feel for what to lớn expect the day of the road test. Consider this expense an investment into your driving success.
Just because you aced the written part of the permit test that dealt with these same details doesn’t mean you have everything memorized well enough to lớn also breeze through the driving test. Besides, you could also freeze up and forget all those guidelines you read before. So, the more comfortable you are with being certain you know the rules of the road, the more likely you are to lớn recall the rules while behind the wheel. It also means these rules will begin to lớn become second nature and you, eventually, won’t even have to lớn think about the laws.
Free signs and situations practice tests can help you refresh the rules of the road and make correct decisions during the test (Driving Tests)
If you can, take your test in the suburbs rather kêu ca in the đô thị. Tests are harder in the đô thị due to lớn increased traffic, pedestrians and traffic signs.
Pro Driving Tip: Ask anyone and everyone for advice and tips for the road test and driving in general. Maybe you know someone who recently took the test. If ví, pick his or her brain about what to lớn expect and what to lớn watch for, especially if that person can remember any parts of the test that could be tricky or extra hard to lớn tự.
The Night Before Your Road Test
Before you can even start driving, your siêu xe will be inspected to lớn make sure that it meets minimum standards. Give the vehicle that you will be taking to lớn the test site a pre-test inspection. Make sure that the lights work on the vehicle (headlights, brake lights, blinkers, etc) or you will automatically fail.
Also, make sure that you understand where the basic buttons are in the siêu xe and how to lớn use them. You should be able to lớn turn on the AC, turn signal, wipers, lights, defrost, emergency brake, horn and hazard lights easily.
- Check your tires and make sure they are in good condition.
- Top off your wiper fluid, just in case, and clean your windshield. Make sure that there are no cracks in the windshield.
- Adjust your mirrors ví that you can easily see various road hazards. During the test the examiner will be watching to lớn see if you use your mirrors properly, ví make sure that you are ready.
- Review your hand signals and practice them until you are confident. This will be one of the first things that they will ask about on the test.
- Gather up your test paperwork and put it all together by the front door. At the very least you will need your permit and proof of registration and insurance for your vehicle. Additional paperwork may be needed. Make sure that it is ready to lớn go and in a place that you won’t forget it.
- If you need corrective lenses to lớn drive be sure to lớn find them and be sure to lớn take them to lớn your test.
Pro Driving Tip: Do a little review and maybe even a practice driving run rẩy. Then, be easy on yourself. Make sure you eat well and go to lớn bed at a decent hour ví you can get a good night’s sleep. This carries over into the next morning and day.
Stay positive and mix yourself up for success
On the Day of the Driving Test – General Tips
Take a vehicle that you are comfortable driving and that you have had plenty of practice in. It is always easiest to lớn pass your test in an automatic. If you plan on driving a manual, wait until after the test.
- Make sure that you understand the controls of the vehicle that you take to lớn the test. For example, you should know how to lớn easily turn the headlights on and off. If it starts to lớn rain, use your wipers and if it stops raining, turn them off. Using the car’s controls properly will help to lớn show that you are confident on the road and ready to lớn have your driver’s license.
- Adjust your mirrors and then leave them there. Make sure that you don’t adjust or move your mirrors during the test. Here are some ideas that will help you adjust your mirrors properly.
- Plan on getting to lớn the test early. This will help you to lớn have time to lớn relax and prepare mentally before you actually have to lớn take the test. Wear your seatbelt. Put it on as soon as you get in the siêu xe, before you start driving.
- During the test, pay attention. Watch specifically for school zones, parks and other areas where the tốc độ limit might be reduced. Obey all road signs that you see, especially tốc độ signs.
When driving, hold onto the steering wheel with both hands at all times. Use proper hand placement and focus throughout the test.
There are 2 acceptable ways to lớn place your hands on the steering wheel. Some people choose to lớn keep their hands at 10 and 2 and others opt for 9 and 3. The reasoning between choosing 9 and 3 is that in the sự kiện of an airbag deployment you will be safer and less likely to lớn be hit by your own hands.
NHTSA recommends the “9 o’clock and 3 o’clock” position
Holding the steering wheel is ví important during the test. Don’t let them go of the wheel when you are turning. It is not appropriate to lớn let the wheel slide between your hands. Instead, hold it firmly at all times, even when turning.
- Don’t stop too closely to lớn the vehicle in front of you when you need to lớn come to lớn a stop. As a general rule, you should be able to lớn see the tires of the siêu xe in front of you.
- During the test, tự not cross solid lines as this will result in an instant and automatic fail.
- Paying attention to lớn all the road signs is critical if you want to lớn pass your test. On many driving tests, you will be taken through an intersection with a no right turn on red sign.
- When you come to lớn a four way stop, pay attention to lớn who arrives first. When you come to lớn a four way stop, it is always first-come, first-served. If you arrive at the same time as the siêu xe across from you, let them go first – especially if they are turning.
- When driving, try to lớn stay in the right lane as much as possible. When you make a left hand turn into the left lane, wait until it safe and then carefully change lanes into the right lane. Always look over your shoulder before changing lanes and be sure to lớn use your blinker. Your test administrator will let you know if you should drive in any lane other kêu ca the right lane.
- Don’t be afraid to lớn use your horn. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you should use your horn excessively. If you get into a situation where a siêu xe is too close or is trying to lớn come into your lane, use your horn and let them know.
- Focus on your tốc độ. Maintaining a constant tốc độ is important. Watch for tốc độ signs and always observe them. Remember that school zones and children’s play areas may have a reduced tốc độ, ví pay attention.
How to lớn Properly Change Lanes
Only change lanes when you are absolutely certain that it is safe. If your test administrator asks you to lớn change lanes, make sure that it is safe first. Never cut anyone off or change lanes without looking. The following đoạn phim suggests a pattern to lớn memorize while changing lanes:
Since your driving test is a real experience on real roads with other drivers, you need to lớn be prepared for anything. Paying attention and remaining alert will help you to be aware of obstructions that are out there and to lớn respond appropriately.
Sometimes it can help you to lớn drive more carefully and smoothly if you envision a large glass of water sitting on your dash. As you drive, make sure that you don’t tip over this imaginary cup of water.
When it is time to lớn change lanes or complete various skills, mentally walk yourself through them step by step. This will help you to lớn focus during the test and to lớn complete each task to lớn the best of your abilities.
Pro Driving Tip: Some people find that having the window down a little can really help you to lớn be aware of dangers and other vehicles during the test. Sometimes you can hear another siêu xe coming before you can see it, and having your window down might give you an added advantage.
Pay Attention to lớn Your Speed
Paying attention to lớn the tốc độ limits is absolutely critical if you want to lớn pass the test. Your driving test isn’t a race, and driving slowly and carefully will help you to lớn pass.
While you shouldn’t drive too fast, you also need to lớn focus on not driving too slow. Drive the tốc độ limit. Driving over or under can result in lost points on your test.
You should keep working on noticing tốc độ limit signs on the road
- Don’t be afraid to lớn look at your speedometer. Periodically glance at it throughout the test and keep the proper tốc độ limit in mind at all times.
- It is important to lớn drive a constant, smooth tốc độ throughout the test. Speed up slowly and slow down well before you need to lớn. Speed limits tự change, ví watch for signs or indicators that you need to lớn adjust your tốc độ.
- It is better to lớn be safe kêu ca sorry. To make sure that you don’t tốc độ, try driving a little slower kêu ca the tốc độ limit. For example if the tốc độ limit sign says 50, you might want to lớn drive 45. Don’t drive any slower kêu ca this though.
- During the test you can fail for breaking ANY laws. Obeying the tốc độ limit is critically important if you want to lớn pass your test.
Be Careful When Backing Up
- When backing up, make sure that you look over your shoulder. Also look to lớn the left and to lớn the right. Make sure that there is nothing in your way before you start moving.
- Use your mirrors. Your test administrator wants to lớn see you use these sida to lớn safely back up.
Best Practices When Making a Turn
Using your turn signals is important for all your driving test maneuvers. It helps let other drivers know what you are planning on doing. Make sure that you turn your turn signal on plenty of time before you are actually going to lớn turn. This will give other drivers a chance to lớn notice and plan accordingly.
- Make sure that you don’t use your blinker when you don’t need to lớn and that you don’t turn them on too early. This can confuse other drivers.
- When taking your test, use your turn signal any time that you are going to lớn turn the wheel of your siêu xe unless you are following a curve in the road. You should even signal before turning into your parking space at the over of the test.
- Always kiểm tra your blind spot when changing lanes. It is a good idea to lớn kiểm tra over your shoulder around the same time that you turn on your signal. If it is clear you can change lanes, if not – wait until you can safely change lanes. Keep your signal on until you are safely in your new lane
When making a left hand turn, make sure that you tự not turn your wheels while waiting. Instead, pull up to lớn the junction, wait until it is safe to lớn turn, and then turn your wheel as you make the turn. Check here how to lớn yield correctly to lớn pass the exam:
- When making a right hand turn, stop before you turn if necessary.
- If you turn right, make sure that you turn into the lane that is the furthest right. If you turn left, turn into the lane that is the furthest left. If you need to lớn be in another lane, wait until it is safe and then signal and change lanes.
- Take turns slowly. If you are going to lớn be turning, you should slow down.
Pay attention to lớn traffic when turning. If you can’t get your vehicle into the lane and up to lớn tốc độ before the oncoming cars arrive, wait until you can. Other vehicles should never have to lớn use their brakes to lớn accommodate your turn.
Pro Driving Tip: Make sure that you use the appropriate blinker when turning. Flick your signal up for right hand turns and down for left hand turns. A clever way to lớn remember which is to lớn think about the word “upright”.
Be Aware of Your Surroundings
Did you know that your test administrator is going to lớn be watching you to lớn see how well you observe and interact with other vehicles? Make sure that you pay attention and that you use your mirrors.
- Always kiểm tra your blind spot before you signal to lớn change lanes.
- As you approach intersections, scan them with your eyes quickly. Look for children, other vehicles and anything that could potentially become a danger. Always scan the intersection before you enter it.
- Use your mirrors. As you drive, glance briefly into your mirrors every 5 seconds or ví. You should also kiểm tra your mirrors after every turn and quickly kiểm tra your rearview before you put on the brakes, especially if it will be a sudden braking.
- Watch for children, pedestrians, bicycles and motorcyclists. Make sure that you drive safely when you are around them.
- Traffic signs are very important. Make sure that you watch for them and that you follow their instructions.
- Your peripheral vision will help you to lớn notice hazards before they become a problem. Make sure that you use it and pay attention to lớn what is going on all around you, not just in front of you.
Pro Driving Tip: As you drive, look as far up the road as you can. Pay attention at all times.
Considerations When Coming to lớn a Stop
Make sure that you come to lớn a complete stop at all junctions. Never make a rolling stop since this is unsafe and illegal.
- When you come to lớn a stop at a junction, make sure that you tự not stop too far back. Instead, you should stop right at the point where you can no longer see the stop line. Do not stop before or after this line. The following short đoạn phim guide will help you stop right where needed.
- When you come to lớn a stop, wait at least 2 or 3 seconds before you start moving again. When you see a yield sign, make sure that you slow down and look carefully before proceeding.
- Make sure that you come to lớn a stop before you exit a driveway onto the roadway.
- When you come to lớn a stop at a stop line, make sure that your front bumper is behind the line to lớn avoid creating an obstruction for other drivers.
- Since it can be difficult to lớn judge where to lớn stop, start stopping well before you get to lớn the little white line. It is better to lớn slowly inch forward kêu ca to lớn have to lớn put your siêu xe into reverse because you overshot the line. This can result in an automatic fail.
- Make sure that you don’t stop unless you need to lớn. This can create problems with the cars behind you. For example, if you are at a green light and turning right, you shouldn’t stop. Instead, slow down and carefully yield as you enter the junction.
- While you may not be asked to lớn use your emergency brake during the test, make sure that you know how to lớn use it, just in case.
- Pay attention when coming into a junction with traffic lights. It is a good idea to lớn put your foot gently over the brake pedal ví that you are ready to lớn slow down should the light change.
- If you are asked to lớn parallel park during the test, make sure that you put your siêu xe into park once you are in the space.
- Don’t pull too close to lớn other cars when stopping. You need to lớn be able to lớn see their rear tires. If you want to lớn play it safe, you should be able to lớn see a little bit of pavement as well.
Pro Driving Tip: Never slam on your brakes or brake suddenly. Instead, pay attention to lớn reasons that you will have to lớn stop or slow down ví that you can brake gradually. This is much safer and will reduce the chances of your getting rear-ended.
Tips When Making U-Turns and 3 Point Turns
Many drivers find that they are asked to lớn tự a 3-point-turn rather kêu ca parallel park on their test. Since you never know, make sure that you are comfortable doing both.
- When doing a 3-point-turn on your test, make sure that you signal before completing every motion.
- Always look both ways before you back up. Be aware of what is going on around you and don’t tự the 3-point-turn until you are certain that you can complete it before oncoming traffic arrives. The following đoạn phim will help you complete a 3-point-turn easily:
- Avoid U-turns during your driver’s test unless you are specifically asked to lớn tự one. If you are asked to lớn tự one, make sure that it is legal and that there are no signs asking you not to lớn U-turn.
Pro Driving Tip: Be very careful when doing a U-turn and make sure that you have plenty of time to lớn clear the turn before the other cars will arrive.
What To Do When Approaching a Yield Sign
If you are approaching a yield sign and there is a siêu xe on your right approaching, make sure that you let them go first. Right of way is critical on your driving test. Do not violate it, even if another siêu xe indicates that you should go. It is better to lớn be honked at for driving correctly during your test kêu ca to lớn fail for making other cars happy. The only person that you need to lớn please is your test administrator. Check here what double yield signs mean:
Xem thêm: so2+naoh
- Don’t come to lớn a stop at a yield sign unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Make sure that you slow down for each and every yield sign.
What To Do When Approaching a Stop Sign
During your test you will encounter 2-way, 3-way and 4-way-stops. Make sure that you know what to lớn tự at each type of stop and that you handle each properly.
- When you approach a stop sign, make sure that you come to lớn a complete stop BEHIND the line. But don’t stop too far back. You should be right at the line with your front bumper just behind it.
- Stop for at least 2-3 seconds at each stop sign before moving again.
- Do not come to lớn a rolling stop since this can result in an automatic fail.
- Sometimes you will have to lớn stop and then roll forward to lớn see if it is safe to lớn proceed into the junction. When doing this, first stop behind the line for at least 3 seconds, and then slowly roll forward. If you need to lớn stop over the line until it is safe to lớn proceed, this is fine as long as you came to lớn a complete stop behind the line.
- When you come to lớn a stop, make sure that you kiểm tra in both directions and that you kiểm tra all of your mirrors.
Lights and Intersection Tips
If the light is yellow or red, stop. Don’t try to lớn hurry into an intersection to lớn save time. You are taking your driver’s test, not participating in a race.
- When the light turns green, look before you start to lớn go. Make sure that there are no cars or pedestrians in the intersection before you go.
- If you are turning right on red, make sure that you come to lớn a complete stop first. If the light is green, slow down and look carefully, but don’t stop.
- When you are waiting at a stop sign or stop light, keep both hands on the steering wheel.
Taking your hands off the wheel, even for just a second, can result in an automatic fail
- Make sure that you can see the back tires of the siêu xe in front of you when you stop at a light.
- Don’t keep rolling forward at the light. Come to lớn a complete stop in a safe location and then wait for the light to lớn change before moving again.
- Always be careful when going through intersections. They can be dangerous, even when you have a green light. Watch for potential dangers and proceed carefully.
Recognizing Your Blind Spots
Your test administrator will be watching to lớn make sure that you are aware of what is going on all around your vehicle. Make sure that you pay attention to lớn your mirrors, that you look over your shoulder and that you are aware of what’s going on around you, not just in front of you.
- Make sure that you look over your shoulder before changing lanes and before turning left.
- When checking mirrors or looking over your shoulder, make sure that the motion is obvious. It is important that the test administrator is aware that this is happening.
- One way to lớn show that you are actually checking is to lớn move your head. Don’t just move your eyes since the test administrator can’t always see this.
- Don’t just rely on your mirrors. Make sure that you are also looking over your shoulder.
- Check your mirrors often. You should ideally kiểm tra your mirrors quickly every few seconds.
- Your test administrator wants to lớn see you checking over your shoulder. It is important to lớn tự this kiểm tra every time you leave a parking spot, change lanes or prepare for a turn.
Pro Driving Tip: Don’t make the mistake of only checking your mirrors. An over-the-shoulder kiểm tra is important, especially if you want to lớn pass your test.
What To Do When Parking
Practice your parking skills a lot before the test. This way you will be able to lớn confidently park each and every time that you need to lớn.It is important to lớn park properly on your first try. This is why practice is ví important.
- If you are parking on a hill make sure that you get close enough to lớn the curb (use your mirrors) and then slowly let your tires hit the curb before you stop and put the siêu xe in park.
- When parking, make sure that you take it slowly. This doesn’t mean hardly moving as your proceed into the parking spot. What it does mean is taking your time and parking using an appropriate and safe tốc độ.
- When you parallel park, make sure that you put the siêu xe into park once you are into your space.
- Use your parking brake when parking. This is easy to lớn forget, especially if you drive an automatic, but is very important on the test. Before starting the siêu xe again, make sure that you disengage the parking brake.
- Make sure that you know how to lớn parallel park. Some test administrators won’t ask you to lớn tự this, but some will. Practice until you can tự it easily and get into your space on the first try. It isn’t worth failing your test because you didn’t take the time to lớn learn this skill. Plus it is an important skill to lớn have once you start driving on your own.
- When parallel parking, make sure that you don’t hit the curb, but that you tự get close enough to lớn it.
- Angling your tires when parking on a hill is very important. Review this information carefully ví that you will instantly know which way to lớn angle your tires. Remember that the needed angle changes depending on whether you are parking uphill or downhill.
- When parking, don’t be afraid to lớn take your time. The test administrator isn’t going to lớn penalize you for going slowly as long as you are safe and aware of the traffic around you.
- When parking in front of a store or a large glass window, you can use this to lớn gauge how close you are to lớn the curb and other cars. This is a great added tư vấn that you can use in addition to lớn your mirrors.
Parallel Parking Instructions
Before attempting to lớn parallel park, look at the siêu xe in front of you and gauge its size and how close it is to lớn the curb. This will help you to lớn properly position your siêu xe.
When making your approach, slow down and kiểm tra your blind spot. Then match up your right side mirror with the other siêu xe. Now you are ready to lớn park.
Make sure you kiểm tra over both of your shoulders just to lớn make sure that there is nothing in your way. Watch for cars, pedestrians and especially – children playing.
Here is a step by step guide that may help you learn how to lớn parallel park.
- Slow down and signal that you will be entering the space.
- Line up your mirror with the siêu xe that will be in front of you.
- Check over both of your shoulders.
- Put your vehicle into reverse.
- Turn your steering wheel to lớn the right.
- Slowly release the brake and start pulling into the spot.
- Keep watching over both shoulders.
- When you can see the closest car’s taillight in your windshield push on the brakes again.
- Turn your steering wheel completely in the other direction.
- Check over both shoulders. Keep your eyes open as you continue to lớn make your way into the space.
- Put your siêu xe into drive and pull into the space.
- Place your vehicle into park and pull up your parking brake.
Watch the following đoạn phim to lớn memorize parallel parking steps:
To get out of the parking spot that you have parallel parked in, here are some helpful steps to lớn follow.
- Place your vehicle into reverse.
- Back up until you can see the rear tires of the siêu xe in front of you.
- Signal left and look over your shoulder and around for potential hazards.
- Turn your steering wheel as far as you can toward the left.
- Move forward slowly until you are out of the parking space.
Back Parking (a.k.a. Reverse Parking. Backing into a Parking Spot)
Here is a step by step guide to lớn help you when backing into a parking space during your driver’s test.
- Find the spot that you are going to lớn back into.
- Signal and then survey the area looking for other vehicles.
- Make sure that your vehicle is straight.
- Put your siêu xe into reverse.
- Make sure that you look behind you as you carefully reverse into the parking spot. Go as slowly as you need to lớn in order to lớn be safe.
- Check the lines on the side of the parking space to lớn make sure that you are properly aligned and ready just as needed.
- Put the vehicle into park and be sure to lớn use the parking brake.
When backing into a parking spot, take your time. Make sure that you look behind you and that you use your mirrors. Your side mirrors will be especially helpful in gauging whether or not you are lined up with your parking spot.
Things to lớn Consider When Parking Uphill or Downhill
Here is a step by step guide to lớn help you master uphill and downhill parking for your driver’s test. Remember that practice is key ví be sure to lớn get plenty before you go in for your test.
- Find your parking spot. As you find the spot pay attention to lớn the amount of space that you have and whether or not there is a curb.
- Signal, kiểm tra over both shoulders and slow down.
- Pull your vehicle up to lớn the right shoulder as closely as possible.
- Put on your parking brake.
- Angling your wheels is very important on your driver’s test. If you are parking uphill turn your wheel as far away from the curb as possible. If you are parking downhill angle your wheel toward the curb.
- Slowly let your tires roll until they rest on the curb gently.
- Put on your parking brake.
If there is no curb it is best to lớn always angle your wheels toward the shoulder whether you are parking uphill or downhill.
Make sure that you engage the parking brake every time that you park on a hill. The following đoạn phim gives an overview of different situations that might arise while parking uphill and downhill:
What To Do When Approaching a Railroad Crossing
Be sure to lớn look both ways before crossing a railroad.
Tips for Driving Through Corners Safely
Slow down before turning a corner. There are a few reasons for this. One is that it will help you to lớn remain in better control of your vehicle. Another reason is that you cannot see what is on the other side of the corner and you need to lớn be able to lớn stop quickly if necessary.
How To Interact With the Test Examiner
Your test examiner is here to lớn help you. If you don’t understand a question or a direction, make sure that you ask.
As a general rule, focus on the test, not making conversation with your examiner. Talking too much will distract you from the many things that you need to lớn focus on to lớn pass your test.
When the weather is bad, you need to lớn drive more slowly. Simply tell the examiner that you are going more slowly due to lớn the bad weather.
What To Do When Encountering Pedestrians
If you turn in a crosswalk and there is a pedestrian in your crosswalk, you will automatically fail, even if they are clear on the other side of the road. Don’t enter a crosswalk unless there is no one in the crosswalk.
- Look for people at crosswalks carefully.
- Pay attention to lớn the people standing on the corners as well. These people can quickly decide to lớn enter the crosswalk ví you need to lớn know what they are doing as well.
When taking your driving test, make sure that you always yield to lớn pedestrians even if they are jaywalking or doing something that they shouldn’t be doing.
Jaywalkers are always annoying but yielding to lớn them is the only possible solution
If you see a pedestrian, acknowledge them ví that the examiner knows that you see them. You might want to lớn slow down a little or mention the pedestrians to lớn your test administrator.
Tips for Combating Nervousness: Conquer Your Driving Fears
Be calm and focus on your driving, not on the test. It may help to lớn imagine that you are in the siêu xe alone practicing rather kêu ca taking your test. Relax – it is only a driving test. Fight your fears. While it may be stressful, you will tự much better if you learn to lớn relax during the test. Try to lớn have fun during the test. You have come a long way in preparing for your license and you are almost there. Look forward to lớn getting your license and celebrate how far you have come.
- Try not to lớn get too nervous. If you get nervous, you might make a simple mistake that could cost you the test. For example, you could be told to lớn turn left and accidentally turn right.
- Be confident and drive lượt thích you know what you are doing. It is also important to lớn be yourself.
- Be alert and aware of what is going on around you. If you watch the road, you will have less time to lớn focus on your nerves.
- Know your vehicle. If you want to lớn tự well on your test, make sure that you practice in the vehicle that you will taking to lớn the test. This is very important.
- Arrive to lớn the test with plenty of time to lớn spare ví that you can collect your thoughts. You will be much more nervous if you are rushing to lớn get to lớn your test or if you are running behind schedule.
Envision you are with someone less ‘intimidating’ kêu ca the examiner who is administering the test. It can be easy to lớn suddenly feel lượt thích nothing more kêu ca a bundle of nerves when under the close supervision of an authority figure. It doesn’t help when one is giving you a test that can be equally nerve wracking. So, pretend you are actually just in the siêu xe with your dear, sweet grandmother who would have nothing but praise for you or imagine cheering friends at the back seat!
Relax and envision you are driving with your granny
After the Test: General Driving Tips for Successful Road Experience
Try to lớn avoid turning left in intersections that tự not have protected turns until you get a little more practice behind the wheel. As you get more practice, you will be better able to lớn judge the tốc độ of oncoming vehicles.
- Don’t assume that you know what other drivers are going to lớn tự. For example, if you see a driver with the turn signal on, all you really know is that their turn signal is on. They may decide to lớn turn and they may not. Drive defensively and always be on the lookout for other drivers.
- Wear your seatbelt at all times and always make your passengers buckle up as well.
- Set a rule for yourself that you will not transport more passengers kêu ca you have seat belts.
Pro Driving Tip: As a driver, you need to lớn remember that there are lots of other drivers on the road. You tự not own the road. Instead, drive lượt thích you own the siêu xe and protect it by being diligent.
I Failed My Driving Test. What Do I Do Now?
If you fail your road test, gọi up your driving instructor as soon as possible if you have one or consult your driving partner. They will be able to lớn help you figure out what went wrong and to lớn correct the problems ví that you pass the next time. Consider asking them to lớn go through the road test with you ví that you can show them exactly what you did. Remember that instructors and test examiners are there to lớn help you and shouldn’t suggest that you give up or quit driving.
Xem thêm: trái đất cái nôi của sự sống ngắn nhất
You might fail because you haven’t had enough practice. Don’t be discouraged by this. Instead, get out and practice more. Make sure that you have an experienced and qualified teo driver by your side at all times.
It might be easy to lớn get discouraged and to lớn consider giving up driving. Don’t tự this. While it may be the easy choice, it is rarely the best choice. Instead, keep practicing. Remember that your examiner didn’t fail you for being a horrible driver. They make it difficult to lớn get a license to lớn keep the roads as safe as possible.
Pro Driving Tip: Parking lots and private communities are a great place to lớn practice for your driving test. Since these roads are not government-run, they are a great place to lớn really hone your driving skills.