This is an acid-base reaction (neutralization): Al(OH)3 is an acid, NaOH is a base.
- Al(OH)3 – Aluminium hydroxide , Aluminium(3+) trioxidanide
- Other names: Aluminic acid , Aluminum hydroxide , Al(OH)3
- Appearance: White amorphous powder ; Odourless white solid in various forms
- Names: Sodium hydroxide , Caustic soda , Lye
- Appearance: White, waxy, opaque crystals ; White hygroscopic solid in various forms ; Colorless to lớn white, odorless solid (flakes, beads, granular form).
- H2O – Water, oxidane
- Other names: Water (H2O) , Hydrogen hydroxide (HH or HOH) , Hydrogen oxide
- Appearance: White crystalline solid, almost colorless liquid with a hint of xanh rớt, colorless gas
- Names: Sodium aluminate , Sodium aluminium oxide , Sodium metaaluminate
- Appearance: White powder (sometimes light-yellowish) | hygroscopic/ when dissolved in water a colloidal Black solution is formed ; White hygroscopic powder